One to one tuition:
- face to face
From complete beginner to advanced level.
Tuitions are tailored to your needs. You will be assessed informally first to identify your level of understanding and your ability to communicate in French. Once your needs are identified, the lessons are prepared to suit your needs. A mixture of grammar and speaking exercises to develop fluency at your own pace are designed for you.
The method of teaching is interactive. Having Fun and feeling comfortable in a relaxed teaching and learning atmosphere is essential to ensure that the learning process takes place.
Building confidence is a key element to language learning
A typical session:
- We spend 10 to 15mn every session connecting and speaking about yourself, or any subject of your choice.
- Then we focus on the topic of the session whether it is a grammar point or a specific topic to study.
- You will be given weekly homework to reinforce what was done in the session.
Whether you want to brush up on your French for holidays in francophone countries to improve your communication skills with native speakers or if you are buying a property and want some help with the paperwork, you are in good hands.
Intensive courses are available to suit your needs.
These two classes takes place at Hazel Court, Maes Y Gollen, Sketty, Swansea SA28BP
- on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 am to 12 pm
- Starting 25th/27th of September 2019
- Fee: £110 for 11 weeks
This term we will be reading Chanson Douce by Leila Slimani (winner of Prix Goncourt 2016), a contemporary author. We will select passages that we can translate, discuss, analyse together.
We will also discuss the news in France, do some grammatical revision. Let’s not forget the well appreciated coffee break at 11!
GCSE Preparation and Revision
All the topics in the syllabus are covered and we can work on the specific curriculum for GCSE. It is a good way of reinforcing school work and we are working towards consolidating your knowledge and building your confidence.
A Levels Preparation and Revision
Through grammar exercises and speaking/oral activities we can develop communication skills, accuracy and the use of a range of idioms targeted for the examination. We will work on the new WJEC Eduqas syllabus which starts from September 2017 and apply the new mark scheme and criteria..
I hold a valid DBS certificate
Primary school children from year 4
The sessions are based on games that I have carefully designed myself after years of experience. We mainly work on developing speaking skills in the class. There is no writing involved at all but there is some reading. By mainly working orally, I ensure that the pronunciation is developed authentically thanks to mainly working phonetically.
The curriculum varies depending on the child’s needs and understanding but we usually start with numbers, colours, expressing feelings, animals, parts of the body, food, shopping, means of transport.
I also use singing as a way of having fun and building confidence.
- Minimum fee: £30
- Documents: from £60 per 1000 words
- Certificates: £30
I have worked in wide range of fields covering environment, business, technical (engineering), marketing, certificates (as a member of the IOL, I can certify translation of birth certificates, death certificates, divorce certificates).
Once a deadline is agreed, I do my best to meet it.
I will always ask for your feedback on the quality of my work and customer satisfaction is of prime importance to me.
- One hour: £30
- One day (9am to 5pm): £180
- You need an interpreter to bridge the language gap between two persons or two groups? I can help with an event.
- You have a fair in France and you need someone to represent your company and explain your product in French.
I have experience working in Whisky Live Paris since 2005 for the Welsh Whisky Company. (See testimonials) and I organise tours of Penderyn whisky distillery for French visitors.
- I have worked for the NHS interpreting for asylum seekers and refugees in Cefn Coed Hospital and in the Central Clinic in Swansea.
- I have worked for Goldstones solicitors and NLS solicitors.
- Wales Interpretation and Translation Service is now run by Cardiff County Council. I have worked for this service for 7 years.